Monday, August 22, 2011

DVI Adapter so you can see your baby computer on a big screen

Another technology post! Two in a row!
Who can guess what is on my mind today?

Well, the 11" macbook air is very light and super cute, but it's kind of hard to do work on all day, especially when you are doing formatting and image work like I have to do now.

But of course the giant DVI connector that fits into my PC docking station is not at all welcome in the air, so it's time to get a converter.
You know what converters are often called?
Dongles.
Dongle dongle dongle.

Anyway, this is the one I got and it is cheap and works awesomely and I like it a lot.


$19.95 Kanex iAdapt miniDisplay port to DVI converter

I didn't really know what that new Thunderbolt slot in the air was for--I figured it was a new version of firewire--but it actually also acts as a dvi port.

If the saleslady hadn't figured that out, I would have had to get a clunkier and more expensive (about $50) DVI to USB connector and would have had to sacrifice one of my precious usb ports. Nooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest