Monday, May 16, 2011

OPI Black Shatter crackle nailpolish

I finally got the OPI Black Shatter polish and used it today.
$8.50 at Drugstore.com or most drugstores in person


First I had 2 coats of Brucci Silver Foil which is a light and bright metallic that I allowed to fully dry overnight, then painted the shatter on top. I followed with two coats of Sally Hansen MegaShine.

Here is the result:

contentmediaexternalimagesmedia116

I am happy with the way it came out.

The thicker I put on the shatter coat, the larger the segments of crackle were. It dried matte black which surprised me because I thought it would be shiny.

You definitely need top coat over it because of the matteness and also because the ridges it creates are pretty pronounced and I think it would chip off easily if not protected.

I usually only do one coat of top coat, but since there were such deep ridges and I wanted my nails to look smoother, I used 2 coats.

Here's another image:
contentmediaexternalimagesmedia117

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for trying out everything I want to try before I get the chance to buy it! I am now wearing that Almay mascara you blogged about last week and will try this nail polish soon. Looks great, good idea w/the 2 topcoats!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest