Friday, May 20, 2011

Nailpolish shopping spree

I went to Ricky's yesterday and had a little nailpolish spree.
I haven'tbeen able to find the right nude color yet, so I got this one to try it out:
$8 Essie Topless and Barefoot
I keep thinking it's called "Barefoot and Pregnant" though. I wonder if there are any nailpolishes called that.
I did a quick search and there are a lot of Barefoot ones but no pregnant. Too bad.

I have this on now and it is lighter and pinker than I wanted but looks pretty good. I think Essie Jazz was a little too tan for me and now I went a little too pale. Oh well.
Here it is on, before cleanup:

contentmediaexternalimagesmedia122
contentmediaexternalimagesmedia121


 The nude nailpolish quest continues.

I also got Stickey base coat which I'd tried at my friend Sheryl's and worked really well.

$8.50 CND Stickey base coat, cheaper online

I wanted to get Seche Vite, but they were all out. Then the woman told me that OPI's top coat is better anyway, but then they were out of that too.

So I got the top coat that matches the base coat I bought and I like it so far, it is very glassy and went on a little thinner than my Sally Hansen Megashine.

$8.50 CND Super Shiny Top Coat, cheaper online

We will see how long it lasts.

Then there were some sale polishes that I couldn't pass up because I am an addict and always need more polish:

$3.99 on sale Essie Bone Chilling
Apparently this was originally part of some set and now they are selling it separately to get rid of it, and that is why I can't find it online anywhere. It's a shiny cream white, no pearl or sparkle. I think it will be a good undercoat for metallics or the crackle polishes.

$.99 Mattese Elite Hair Today Gone Tomorrow
This is a dark green, almost black color, darker and more hunter-toned than the pic above.
It was also on sale and must be a strange one because I can't find it anywhere online either.
I've never tried the ME polishes and will let you know how it goes. This one reminds me of the OPI Here Today Aragon Tomorrow color and I am sure the name of it was meant to be a knockoff.


The last thing I bought was nail polish thinner.
You can imagine that with all my polishes, sometimes they get a little goopy before I have the chance to finish them. I usually thin them out with remover, but then I heard that was a horrible low-class thing to do.
I don't really know what is different between thinner and remover, but maybe the mineral oil?
We'll see how it goes.

$4 SuperNail Polish Thinner (cheaper online)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest