Monday, May 9, 2011

New Favorite Mascara: Almay One Coat Get Up and Grow in BlackBrown

I have a new favorite drugstore mascara and I thank the Redbook beauty awards list for it since they had it listed as their favorite.
It's the Almay One Coat Get up and Grow mascara. It comes in black and blackbrown and since I already have a dramatic black mascara at home, I decided to get the blackbrown to wear to the office.

$8ish
I got mine at Target where they had them packaged alone and also packaged with a black eyeliner for the same price, so I got the eyeliner one. Also it was almost a dollar cheaper at Target than at Duane Reade.

I like the color and the coverage of the mascara. It is great at finding all your lashes and not clumping them together. I think it is a natural look, which I like for day.
When it dries, it isn't crusty or clumpy and doesn't feel heavy. My former favorite drugstore mascara, Maybelline Full & Soft, had those advantages as well but not the same intensity and smooth application and fullness.

I think the Get up and Grow made my lashes both longer and thicker without looking spidery or clumpy.
Here it is on, 2 coats of it, no other makeup:


You don't even really need the eyeliner with it since it does such a good job of filling it at the roots of your lashes and almost creates its own line.

1 comment:

  1. I use full & soft too and may consider switching, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest