Friday, July 29, 2011

CND Nail Shellac

My coworker swears by these shellac manicures she gets with special gel polish that cures via UV light.
She says they last 2 or 3 weeks without chipping, and I have to admit that whenever I see her, they do look great.

But they cost so much more to do when you get a manicure that I would rather do it at home.
You have to get the special CND shellac polish and a UV drying light. They say you also need to get the base and topcoat polishes, but I bet you could do it without. Not sure though, since I haven't used anything like this before.


They sell a special CND UV dryer but again, I think you could probably get by with a cheapie one from Amazon.

There aren't too many colors out yet but they are coming out with more in the fall and the ones they do have are pretty.

Hot chili

Tropix

Wildfire

This is what you stick your fingers or feet into in order to cure your polish

Doesn't look that different from the official one:
right?

Want to know more?
Here's a hard-hitting article about shellac. Apparently, buying single bottles online is illegal, but I find that hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest