Monday, November 21, 2011

Review of Topshop 120 Denier Black tights

I'd read somewhere online that the best of the "cheap" truly opaque black tights (i.e. not Wolford or Falke which cost $40+) were from Topshop.
I've been keeping that in the back of my mind for over a year and now I finally bought them to test them out.

$16 Black 120 Denier tights

When you are shopping for tights, you will notice that they are listed by "denier"
That is like thread count for tights, and the higher the number, the thicker the weave of fibers is, and the more opaque the tights will be.
You can find 30, 50, 80, etc.
120 was the highest Topshop had, so that is what I got.

Another tip for when you want opacity instead of transparency is to make sure the tights aren't too, well... tight.
The more the weave is stretched, the more leg shows through.
Since I was between a S and M in terms of Topshop sizing, I went with M to have extra give and extra coverage.

And the verdict is: They are pretty great!
They aren't too big, they are very black, and they aren't itchy at all.
The waistband hasn't rolled (I hate that).
No one would mistake them for leggings, because they aren't that thick or totally dark, but they are dark enough for what I wanted.
The only places you can see a little of what lies beneath are my thighs and butt. I could see the outline of my underwear underneath them (by color, not because they made lines), but I wouldn't be too embarrassed if my skirt happened to fly up today in public.

I've yet to see how they wash, but so far I'm happy with the purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest