Friday, November 25, 2011

Etsy Find of the Day: Art by Andrea Cook

Andrea Cook (atelier28 on Etsy) does some mighty nice watercolors and etchings. Would you like to come upstairs and see them?

I thought so.

$40 Watercolor painting of sail boats

I am impressed by people who can do watercolors well; the layering of colors and the preservation of white space is something I never could get right.

$48 Watercolor painting of trees
I like the little touches of color on the birds and the orange in the trunks on this one.

$25 Etching of beach hut

Even modern etchings look old-fashioned, right?
She is good at achieving texture and depth with just a few marks.

$25 Etching of a spotted feather
This one looks straight out of an old encyclopedia, right?


They are affordable, too. Not bad! I hope she makes more like these and less of the watercolor cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest