Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Digital Travel Alarm Clocks

My favorite little travel alarm clock died about 2 yrs ago, and it's successor, a gift from E, died a few months after I got it.

I am on the hunt for a new one. It has to: be cordless, not too bright, readable at night, light up on demand, have an alarm clock, fold up so I can't press buttons and wear down the battery while it's in my purse, and take normal batteries not fancy ones.
Bonuses are weather and self-setting.

You would think that there would be a ton to choose from because those features are pretty normal, but no, it's so annoying to find one!

After much searching, here are a few that I am considering. Nothing seems to have it all, so if you know of one that does, please link it to me in the comments!

$16.77 Chaney Explorer Travel alarm clock
Pros: small, folds, looks easy to set
Cons: looks breakable, I think it runs on a watch battery

$11.96 Casio travel alarm clock with thermometer
Pros: similar style to my beloved dead clock, takes normal batteries
Cons: screen has too much going on to look at, buttons look tiny, snooze/light button isn't protected when you fold it up

$9.99 Chaney Sojourn alarm clock
Pros: large display, takes regular batteries
Cons: reviews say it doesn't keep time well and that the light is dim

$39.99 Bulova Titanium 4" alarm clock
Pros: large display, hinge protects snooze button, easy to read
Cons: more expensive than the others, don't know what kind of batteries it takes.

To sum up: BOOOOO to the current travel alarm clock selection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest