Friday, November 4, 2011

DIY Multi-table plant stand

Ok so this project isn't that DIY if you are like me and don't have a saw and room to spread out a bunch of tables and stuff, but I think it's pretty cool anyway.

Readymade stacked table plant stand

I would totally buy this in a store if I saw it.

It reminds me of my first NYC apartment. I lived with two other gals and one of them moved out after a year, and taking her furniture with her.
I think we knew somewhere in our heads that she owned most of the furniture, but it wasn't until she was gone and the tv was on the floor in the otherwise empty living room and the plates were on the floor of enormous kitchen that we realized we would really need to replace that crap.

Because we were broke and this was before the resurgence of bedbugs (EEEEEWWWWW), we made do with a collection of craigslist and street furniture.
The one thing that eluded us, though, was a large table to replace the one that had been in the kitchen. Those things are expensive!
So what we did was bring home every sideboard, coffee table, end table etc we could find from the street, and we put them all together in an uneven mass against one kitchen wall, and covered it up with a tablecloth.
Voila! A lumpy, mottled table!
I liked the look of it better with the cloth off, and that is what this project reminds me of.
Maybe a little nicer than my version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest