Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Reverse French Manicure

This is what is sometimes called a "reverse French manicure" because the bottom of the nail is lighter than the tip (traditionally, the bottom would be pinkish and the tip would be white).




contentmediaexternalimagesmedia378/

I like the way it came out, do you?
The base color is Revlon linen, which smells really weird and not like my other nail polishes, btw.
The tip color is a silvery blue el cheapo brand which I forget now.
The combination of colors was suggested by E. Didn't he do a good job?

Normally when I am doing Fancy Nails, I'd cut out scotch tape to protect the part of my nail I don't want painted.
In this manicure, though, I decided to freehand it. That is why it looks a little lumpy at the boundary between colors.

Freehanding was definitely faster than taping, but it is harder to do and not as accurate. Also, I made a total mess on my fingertip skin because as I was dragging the brush across my nail, I was trying to keep the line thin by making sure that half of the brush was off my nail (and hence, on my finger).
It cleaned right up in the shower, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest