Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Ikat print dresses for all budgets

The biggest print trend this spring and summer will be ikat, along with the ubiquitous and ever-present nautical stripe. I wouldn't recommend wearing them together, but I am sure Chloe Sevigny will do it and prove me wrong.

Some ikat is just black and white, but I prefer mine with a bunch of color.
Here are some dresses in ikat prints for a variety of wallet sizes:
$13.50 at F21
I like these colors, but it also comes in a more purple scheme.


$32.99 at CWD Kids
Ok so this is a store that sells matching mom and kid clothing, but there is nothing on there that says you have to be a mom or buy one for your kid if you are. Anyway, this dress is great and a good deal.

$72 One shoulder dress by Kanchen Couture
I like the size of the print and the muted but still bright colors.



$128 Cotton sateen dress by Maggie London
Great pattern and center symmetry with a modest cut that you can wear to work.



$128 silk sleeveless dress by Charlie Jade
Love the braided collar and straps and the pattern on this one.


$228 Sybil dress by Joie
Light and airy and the short length is offset by the more covered arms.

I really like ikat so keep an eye out- I think I will be posting more ikat stuff in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest