Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Clear heels for Non-Strippers

This morning on the way to work I saw a woman wearing pink closed-toe wedges with a low, clear lucite heel. They were awesome! I should have asked her where she got them, but anyone who knows me knows I don't like talking to people in the morning.

I did a search to try to find the ones she had, but came up short. Luckily, I was able to find other lucite heels that are appropriate for professional women who aren't in the "oldest profession."

$200.10 Christian LaCroix
I love how the stripes on the heel echo the stripes on the footbed. Yellow is a great summer color for shoes.
Because I was a huge Absolutely Fabulous fan, I also have always wanted to wear "LaCroix, sweetie."

$59.95 Matisse Lyla wedge
Lucite and jute (the straw-like stuff) make for a cool high/low match. These shoes aren't too fancy but do have something extra that makes them more interesting than plain espadrilles.

$486 Prada Faded blue lucite wedge
A nice slingback that makes you look like you are floating.

$99 BCBG clear wedge heel
I think these are the closest to what I saw the woman today wearing- a simple design with a low understated heel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest