Friday, January 13, 2012

Zoya nail polish review

I got my first Birchbox  subscription package of makeup in the mail (review of that to come), and in it was a teeny bottle of Zoya nailpolish in Kristen.

I was excited to see it because I'd been wanting to try Zoya but you have to buy it online and pay shipping and I didn't know if it would be worth it.

They offer "color spoons" to try to counteract that, which is a thing where you pay 50 cents to get  stick that has the nail polish painted on it in the mail. WHAT? That is so dumb. Who would want that? They say they take the amount you spend on the spoons off your next purchase, but that is totally stupid. They should send out $1 samples of the real polish instead.

It's one of the "3 Free" line of polishes that doesn't have the bad chemicals in it. It's also vegan-friendly.

$8 Zoya Kristen
The color here looks a little more gray than it appears in person.
I'd call it a light blue with some lavender and gray tones.

I was really pleasantly surprised by the texture and coverage of the polish.
The first coat was a little streaky but went on smoothly, and then the second coat was creamy and solid and was all I needed.

It dried pretty quickly and has a very hard finish. I am always happy when my nails dry before I can smudge them.

The color is like one I already have from Urban Outfitters, so it's not the most useful addition to my collection, but it is way better quality than the UO one.

It's lasted pretty well, too. This is a pic of my nails after wearing it for 5 days, and they are still almost like when I painted them. You can see a little chip/hole in my middle finger nail.

2012-01-10_10-28-31_39.jpg
 
I got a bunch of compliments on them, too.

Zoya: thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest