Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Beautiful Beaded Purses for a Good Cause

Everyone asks me about where I got my little beaded wallet, and I love telling the story.

RebeccawithPurse
This is me with the purse

It comes from a women's collective called Friends of Maiti Nepal that helps stop sex trafficking and trains the young women they rescue to be able to work and make a living in crafts, carpentry, food service, etc.
My sister went there and worked with them to get some grants, and brought me back my beaded pouch.

2012-01-31_08-54-22_661.jpg
I use my beaded pouch as a wallet to hold my credit cards. I love the wavy pattern and the iridescent purple.

Right now, Friends of Maiti Nepal is having a special sale on their beaded purses and they will only be available until Feb 15!

Go to their website or their facebook page and click on the SHOP link.

They also gave me a special code to share with my readers, so when you check out, enter REBECCA and you'll get free shipping and insurance!

Here are some of the beautiful bags you can buy:


The color is so bright, and the beaded strap will pop against your clothes.



The circles on this one are pretty, they remind me of roses.

This one is my favorite! I'm going to get it. The leaves are awesome.


See how intricate and cool the patterns are, even on a single color bag?
I think they are great.

Buy one for your ladyfriend/sister/mother/cousin etc for Valetine's Day! And don't forget the REBECCA code at checkout for free shipping.

This is a picture of the women making the bags:

Get the purses! Help the women! Cross a gift off your list!
It's the only nice thing you have to do all year. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest