Monday, July 30, 2012

My (Very Late) May Birchbox Review

I've been slacking on these, huh?

Here was my May box:

2012-05-09_22-23-05_857.jpg 
This was the Gossip Girl box, sent to coincide with the finale.
Let's go clockwise!

In the upper left corner there is BeautyBlender brush cleaning solution.
I was happy to get this since my brushes are for sure dirty, but honestly I haven't used it yet. So by now they are probably really dirty!
You can use baby shampoo to clean your brushes instead of spending $18 on this. I don't have any of that though, so whatever I'd get if I got something special for the purpose would be a new product to buy.
Not sure if I'd buy this even if it works really well.

Arquiste perfume sample: I really like this one. It's a little musky and very sweet with some floral notes on top. It is a sexy and rich scent.
WHOA it's $165. That is a whole lot of money. Just saw that. Looks like I have expensive fragrance taste!

Algenist anti-aging moisturizer: This was really creamy and rich. Went on thick but I liked it a lot. I'm not sure if it did any anti-aging magic on me, but it felt nice to put on and didn't make me break out so I'm a fan. ($90)

Stila lip glaze: ($22) This is not my color at all, so I haven't used it. The one I got is a bronze-y red with metallic flecks in it.
I definitely don't do glitter on lips, no matter how subtle. It's a personal thing, but I think it's tacky and very young-seeming. Plus this one is orange based, which wouldn't work on me.
I'm going to try to give this to my sister or a friend who it would look better on.

Want to join Birchbox?
Please use my link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest