Monday, July 2, 2012

Etsy Find of the Day: Walnut dresser

$3,200 Custom Walnut Dresser

This is just so beautiful.
The pattern of the wood grain is so clear and perfectly continuous.
Woodworkers, is this hard to do? It looks hard to me, to get all those drawers to match up perfectly.

The thing that comes to mind when I see this is "wood waterfall" which isn't even a thing, but I like the way it sounds.

I like how the drawer pulls are integrated cut-outs in the design, so you don't ever have to worry about replacing handles or anything.

These words might impress you if you know what they mean:
Triple-book match
live edge
Claro walnut

They impress me and I have no idea what they mean.

Ok fine I googled book match:
Bookmatching is the practice of matching two (or more) wood surfaces, so that two adjoining surfaces mirror each other in appearance, thus giving the impression of an opened book. This is done only on ornate objects, such as furniture, violins, guitars or the interior of super luxury cars such as Rolls Royce cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest