Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Essie Luxe Effects nail polish tips

I tried out the Essie silver glitter polish that I got in this month's Birchbox (see my post about it here)
and I liked it a lot.
I've been wanting to try using glitter as a French manicure, so I put it on over my Sephora by OPI black glitter polish.
Essie Luxe Effects nail polish $8 for one



First I did 2 coats of a Sephora by OPI black polish with multicolor glitter that is similar to this one:
$9.50 Sephora by OPI Good Tidings We Bling
(If you like this, get it soon because it's limited edition like mine was, and you won't be able to find it again.)

I like my polish but the glitter gets hidden by the black polish matrix and doesn't really sparkle or stand out on top. The one I linked to above has a clear matrix so it won't have that problem.

So I put the Essie glitter on the tips to make them stand out more.
As I mentioned in the Birchbox review, I found that it worked better to have a drier brush instead of a fully loaded one. The glitter seemed more willing to come off the brush and stay on my nail when there was less clear liquid.

I like the results, though they are kind of hard to see in these pictures (I tried flash and no flash but neither really worked)
2012-03-11_23-52-24_439.jpg

another
2012-03-11_23-55-59_688.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest