Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Broken hearted over broken glasses

One of my favorite things is my set of glasses from the MOMA design store that show a reproduction of the image  Average Day at the Museum (1940), which was originally created by MOMA staff for an in-house report.

Here is what they look like:
If I remember correctly, they were $10 each or something.

And here is the original artwork:

So over the weekend, E broke 2 of my 6 glasses by putting cold water in them right after they came out of the hot dishwasher. One shattered and the other has huge cracks in it (which made me grab it out of my sister's hands and put it on the floor in case it exploded).

I'm so sad!!!!!!!!

The MOMA design store doesn't sell these anymore online or in person (yes, we went) and they don't seem to be on Etsy or Ebay.
If anyone can track them down for me, I would be very grateful.

I am one of those people (are you?) who has a thing about a special glass or item that I always like to have, and these are my special glasses. If E is getting the two of us water, he knows that mine should be in these glasses.
We also segregate our forks in different spaces in the silverware holder because I only like my shape of fork.

Anyway, I am sad, E feels guilty, and I miss the glasses.

Let me know if you have any leads.

PS- point of interest, Christoph Niemann went back in 2009 and made a contemporary version of the image:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest