Tuesday, June 26, 2012

What to buy from the French Connection for Sears sale

I had no idea that this even existed, the French Collection for Sears thing, but now I know and it is on sale, so I've sorted through the offerings and am ready to give you my picks:

$43.99 Sunny Stripe long sleeve mini dress (down from $88)
The color combination is fun and nautical but still serious enough to be worn out for the night.
I like how this dress can go from beach coverup to fancy dinner with a change of shoes.


$58.99 Calypso flower dress (down from $118)
The wide shoulders and gathered waist on this dress can make anyone look like an hourglass. The narrow but low V also can make flatter girls look more busty by creating the illusion of cleavage.
It's viscose so it will wash well.
The Cascade jersey tie dress is the same shape and price with a different pattern and color.



$123.99 Bric a Block tunic dress (down from $248)
The colorblocking on this is so mod.
And the white bottom could be a bad idea for wide hips, but since the interesting parts of the dress are up top, I think this is wearable.
It's 100% silk and you know I like that.

$38.99 Peachy top (down from $78)
This is all cotton and I think it looks comfortable and flirty.
The large blocks of the plaid make you look small and the ruffles add interest to the bust.
Points for machine washable, too.

$48.99 Alexa Silk top (down from $128)
This is made from silk and tencel, so it will feel great on. Tencel blends are ok with me, it's like the natural version of rayon and it wears and washes well and doesn't hold pit smells, unlike polyester.

$53.99 Sarah silk button top (down from $148)
Unlike the Alexa top, this one is 100% silk.
The collar and picket contrast color is funky.
It looks a little sheer so be sure to wear a cami underneath.

$143.99 Blazing June jacket (down from $288)
The black details are thicker than the usual piping you see, and I think that makes this jacket look sleeker and more modern. Super cool to be collarless and then have lapels, too. I bet it makes your neck look long.

$273.99 Sky leather jacket (down from $548)
This is a pretty great price for a leather motorcycle jacket.
I like how it is styled with a flowy dress but I'd probably wear it more often with skinny jeans and boots and a striped tee.

$79.99 Point toe cap ballerina flat (down from $160)
I wish I had an excuse to buy more ballet flats, but I really don't.
These come in navy or pink, and the pointy toe elongates your leg.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest