Thursday, September 27, 2012

Emergency broken nail fix

I hate it when my nails break!
Especially when I am not home and don't have my tools.
Or even a file.
Well, on my work trip to Seattle, many of my nails broke (I don't really know why, maybe from lugging my heavy bags).
I am too cheap to go out and buy a new file since I know I already have 2 or 3 at home, and I was kicking myself for not packing one.

So there I am, with broken nails and nothing to fix them.

Except!

One of the walls in my office was exposed brick.
You know what brick is? Kind of rough, kind of like an emery board.
So yes, I filed my nails on that wall.
My new coworkers didn't see me but if they did, I hope they would think that I am resourceful instead of totally bizarre.

The brick does a good job of rough filing, and then to smooth the edges, jeans are a nice way to finish them off.

Just pretend your jeans or the wall are one giant nail file and drag your nail in one horizontal direction. You don't want to go back and forth too much because that can tear your nail and make it weaker. Then it will break and you will have to go back and file it on a wall again.

p.s. NEVER google image search "broken nail" because some truly horrifying things come up. Really, don't. You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is the best thing you have ever posted.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me on Pinterest