Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DIY Sitting and Standing Desk


 Materials: 2x Lack Wall Shelf (191cm), 2x Expedit Shelving Units (2x2) , 1x Expedit Desk, 6x Lack Shelf (26cm)

I saw this great post on Ikea Hackers and thought you guys would want to see it.

Standing desks are the new hot thing, but it's hard to justify spending a thousand dollars replacing your current desk just to see if you like it.
The benefits of standing desks are that they're supposed to help you feel more energized, burn more calories, prevent heart disease, and generally be better than sitting in one position all day.

But you can't stand the whole time. Your feet get tired and you need a rest.
Or you are concentrating really hard and need to sit.

So most people with standing desks also have a table or a chair or somewhere they can sit for a while during the day.

Right now, there are a bunch of adjustable desks on the market that you can raise and lower, but as easy and light as they make it, I would not want to do that. I like things in their places and I would probably forget to adjust it ever.

I'd be much happier with a dual sitting and standing desk, but I don't see many on the market.

Luckily I work from home where I have a bar height counter I can stand at, and my regular desk to sit at, but I bet I'd switch more often if they were right next to each other and convenient.

That's why this Ikea hack really appealed to me.
You get both desks, right next to each other, and it looks like one unit instead of two shoved together.

Read the original poster's take on it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest