Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Birchbox February 2012 Review

2012-02-16_10-32-43_781.jpg
My Birchbox from February

My mom gave me Birchbox for Chanukah this year which was a great gift. I love getting packages every month and the boxes are so pretty and you never know what is coming in them.

This month, I got:
-Juice beauty blemish clearing serum (normally $29)
-Kiehls dark spot corrector (normally $49.50)
-Supersmile mouthwash powder (normally $16)
-Shu Uemura hair oil (normally $68)
-Eye rock stick-on liner (normally $13)

I see that other people got to try the Exude lipstick that Rachel Zoe did the commercial for (remember, it pops up through a glass tube?) and I'm a little jealous- I would love to try that one!

I'm glad I didn't get the Violent lips glitter stuff bc those are kind of heinous. Though maybe for free is the perfect way to try them.

On to the reviews!
The hair oil I accidentally dropped immediately on opening the box and it shattered on my bathroom floor :(
I put the little that remained in my hands on my hair and it was thick and slightly sticky and smelled light but good. I would have liked to try this out so I am bummed that it broke.

The juice beauty squirted out a little violently when I opened it and it splattered all over including IN MY MOUTH which is how I now know that it does in fact taste kind of juicy. Sour, but citrus-y.
I put some on my T zone but the next morning I woke up with a new blemish right on my forehead and one on my chin so I abandoned it. That's like the opposite of what it is supposed to do.

I haven't used the dark spot corrector yet because I don't really know what that is for. I guess I have some dark spots on my arms that I could treat, but I don't know.

I also haven't used the mouthwash powder because it sounds totally gross, like one of those organic Tom's things that make you feel like you have baking powder paste in your mouth and that you should go plant a garden. I might bring it on a trip with me when I can't bring actual toothpaste and see how it goes.

The eyeliner things I am excited to try but they are very dramatic so I want to have a reason to put them on. Like a party or night out, not a business meeting.
I'll post an update when I use them.

Overall, ok, not as great as my first box which had the Jouer lip gloss and the Zoya nailpolish, but still fun and stuff I would not normally have tried.

Want to try out Birchbox? Please use this link and then I get points!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest